When I was a kid I thought:
1. People never died. They just grew very old and stayed
that way. That was, until I attended my first funeral.
2. The only place to be was Uncle Bob’s lucky 7 club. Until I
discovered detention in elementary.
3. There really was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
Until I learned the truth in science class.
4. GI Joe’s were real depiction of people fighting the good
fight. Until I learned that they were’nt real at all and they
seem to never age. wow, a la beautiful mind.
5. The people who lived in the Ultraman series were fast
workers. Since every episode a flurry of buildings got
destroyed and you’d see them good as new in the next
episode. Until i noticed that they were kinda fake and most
of the shots were rehashed (i.e when he throws the
monster and it crashes, when the people run away)
6. I would grow up to be a Macross pilot. (Seriously, I even
wrote this on my prep school bio.). Until I saw my first
copy of National Geographic, thats when I knew I wanted to
be a grimy archeologist or at least learn more about
history. Which I did (I became a lazy history major)
7. The only cool band was the the beetles on Sesame street
(remember the Letter “B” song?)
8. Girls sucked at dodgeball. Until I got clocked in the
groin by our class valedictorian *lol* I got swift revenge by
clocking her on the noggin 🙂 But nevertheless, Girls
rocked from that day on. Or maybe it was the hormones
kicking in, hmnnn… nah, too young then
9. The best team in the world was Ajax Amsterdam until I
saw The Brazilian National team.
10. Transformers the movie ws the end of the series. I
literally cried when optimus got clocked by megatron *that
bastard!* and thought rodemus sucked ass
11. The only shoes I would ever need were my Gold Nike
Brasilia futsal shoes. Until I learned that my feet were
getting bigger, plus the Air Jordan Brand was released!
Blah, Im tired. Nice I still remember these things 🙂